MIREX Impact Citations
Dear MIREX Participant:
We are gathering evidence of impact for MIREX. We would appreciate it greatly if you would post citations to papers (yours or others) that have used MIREX data and/or results. Any acceptable citation format is OK. DOIs or URL to accessible copies especially appreciated. I have started out with some samples from IMIRSEL.
In a similar vein, we are also gathering citations to MIREX-related comments as further evidence of impact for MIREX on the MIREX Impact Statements page.
We are collecting these statements and citations as evidence influence and success to submit to funding agencies, research administrators and/or future collaborators.
Thank you very much.
J. Stephen Downie
- J.S. Downie, D. Byrd, and T. Crawford. "Ten Years of ISMIR: Reflections on Challenges and Opportunities", in the 10th International Symposium on Music Information Retrieval (ISMIR), Kobe, 2009, pp. 13-18. Available: http://ismir2009.ismir.net/proceedings/keynote1.pdf
- M. Bay, A.F. Ehmann and J.S. Downie, "Evaluation of Multiple-F0 Estimation and Tracking Systems", in the 10th International Symposium on Music Information Retrieval (ISMIR), Kobe, 2009, pp. 315-320. Available: http://ismir2009.ismir.net/proceedings/PS2-21.pdf
- E. Law, K. West, M. Mandel, M. Bay and, J. S. Downie, "Evaluation of Algorithms Using Games: The Case of Music Tagging", in the 10th International Symposium on Music Information Retrieval (ISMIR), Kobe, 2009, pp. 387-392. Available: http://ismir2009.ismir.net/proceedings/OS5-5.pdf
- J. S. Downie, M. Bay, A. F. Ehmann and M. C. Jones, "Audio Cover Song Identification: MIREX 2006-2007 Results and analysis", in the 9th International Conference on Music Information Retrieval (ISMIR 2008), Philadelphia, 2008, pp. 468-473. Available: http://ismir2008.ismir.net/papers/ISMIR2008_265.pdf
- X. Hu, J. S. Downie, C. Laurier, M. Bay and A. F. Ehmann, "The 2007 MIREX Audio Mood Classification Task: Lessons learned", in the 9th International Conference on Music Information Retrieval (ISMIR 2008), Philadelphia, 2008, pp. 462-467. Available: http://ismir2008.ismir.net/papers/ISMIR2008_263.pdf
- J. S. Downie, A. F. Ehmann and J. H. Lee, "The Music Information Retrieval Evaluation eXchange (MIREX): Community-led formal evaluations", in the Digital Humanities 2008 , Oulu Finland, 2008, pp. 239-240.
- M. McVicar and T. De Bie, "Exploiting Online Resources to Improve Chord Recognition Accuracy", late-breaking abstract in the 11th International Conference on Music Information Retrieval (ISMIR 2010), Utrecht, Netherlands, 2010.
- M. McVicar and T. De Bie, "Enhancing chord recognition accuracy using web resources", 3rd ACM Workshop on Machine Learning and Music, October 25, 2010, Firenze, Italy.
- M. McVicar, Y. Ni, R. Santos-Rodriguez, T. De Bie, "Using online chord databases to enhance chord recognition", Journal of New Music Research, Special issue on Music and Machine Learning (in press).
- R. Zhou , M. Mattavelli and G. Zoia, "Music Onset Detection Based on Resonator Time-frequency Image", IEEE Transactions On Audio, Speech And Language Processing, vol. 16, num. 8, 2008, p. 1685-1695.
- Ruohua Zhou, Joshua D. Reiss, Marco Mattavelli and Giorgio Zoia, "A Computationally Efficient Method for Polyphonic Pitch Estimation", EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing, Volume 2009 (2009), Article ID 729494, 11 pages.
- M. Haro and P. Herrera, “From Low-level to Song-level Percussion Descriptors of Polyphonic Music,” in 10th International Society for Music Information Retrieval Conference (ISMIR 2009), Kobe, Japan, 2009. Available: http://ismir2009.ismir.net/proceedings/PS2-9.pdf
- J. Urbano, J. Morato, M. Marrero and D. Martín, "Crowdsourcing Preference Judgments for Evaluation of Music Similarity Tasks", ACM SIGIR Workshop on Crowdsourcing for Search Evaluation, pp. 9-16, 2010. PDF
- J. Urbano, M. Marrero, D. Martín and J. Lloréns, "Improving the Generation of Ground Truths based on Partially Ordered Lists", International Society for Music Information Retrieval Conference, pp. 285-290, 2010. PDF
- J. Urbano, J. Lloréns, J. Morato and S. Sánchez-Cuadrado, "Using the Shape of Music to Compute the Similarity between Symbolic Musical Pieces", International Symposium on Computer Music Modeling and Retrieval, pp. 385-396, 2010. PDF
- D. Bogdanov, J. Serrà, N. Wack, P. Herrera and X. Serra. Unifying low-level and high-level music similarity measures. IEEE Transactions on Multimedia. In press. 
- J. Wu, E. Vincent, S. Raczynski, T. Nishimoto, N. Ono and S. Sagayama. Multipitch estimation by joint modeling of harmonic and transient sounds. In Proc. 2011 IEEE Int. Conf. on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP), to appear. 
- E. Vincent, N. Bertin and R. Badeau. Adaptive harmonic spectral decomposition for multiple pitch estimation. IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech and Language Processing, 18(3), pp. 528-537, 2010. 
- E. Benetos and S. Dixon. Multiple-instrument polyphonic music transcription using a convolutive probabilistic model. In Proc. 8th Sound and Music Computing Conf. (SMC), to appear.
- B. Fields, K.Jacobson, C. Rhodes, M. d'Inverno, M. Sandler, M. Casey, "Analysis and Exploitation of Musician Social Networks for Recommendation and Discovery," IEEE Transactions on Multimedia. in press. 
- B. Fields. Contextualize Your Listening: The Playlist as Recommendation Engine, PhD Thesis, Goldsmiths, University of London, April 2011. 
- B. Fields, K. Page, T. Crawford, D. De Roure, "The Segment Ontology: bridging music-generic and domain-specific," in Workshop on Advances in Music Information Research (AdMIRe), co-located with the IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME), Barcelona, Spain, July, 2011. 
- J. Serrà, X. Serra and R. G. Andrzejak. Cross recurrence quantification for cover song identification. New Journal of Physics, vol. 11, art. 093017. September 2009. http://mtg.upf.edu/node/1390
- J. Serrà, E. Gómez, P. Herrera and X. Serra. Chroma binary similarity and local alignment applied to cover song identification. IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech and Language Processing, vol. 16, issue 6, pp. 1138-1152. August 2008. http://mtg.upf.edu/node/919
- J. Serrà, E. Gómez and P. Herrera. Audio cover song identification and similarity: background, approaches, evaluation, and beyond. In Advances in Music Information Retrieval, Z. W. Ras and A. A. Wieczorkowska editors. Studies in Computational Intelligence series, Springer-Verlag Berlin / Heidelberg, vol. 274, ch. 14, pp. 307-332. March 2010. http://mtg.upf.edu/node/1389
- D. Bogdanov, J. Serrà, N. Wack, P. Herrera and X. Serra. Unifying low-level and high-level music similarity measures. IEEE Transactions on Multimedia. In press. http://mtg.upf.edu/node/1689
- J. Serrà, H. Kantz and R. G. Andrzejak. Model-based cover song detection via threshold autoregressive forecasts. Proc. of the ACM Multimedia, Workshop on Music and Machine Learning (MML), pp. 13-16. Firenze, Italy. October 2010. http://mtg.upf.edu/node/1704
- J. Serrà, M. Zanin, C. Laurier and M. Sordo. Unsupervised detection of cover song sets: accuracy improvement and original identification. Proc. of the Int. Society for Music Information Retrieval Conf. (ISMIR), pp. 225-230. Kobe, Japan. October 2009. http://mtg.upf.edu/node/1407
- J. Serrà and E. Gómez. Audio cover song identification based on tonal sequence alignment. Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP), pp. 61-64. Las Vegas, USA. April 2008. http://mtg.upf.edu/node/78
- J. Serrà. Identification of versions of the same musical composition by processing audio descriptions. PhD Thesis. Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain. March 2011. http://mtg.upf.edu/node/1951