From MIREX Wiki
Welcome to the MIREX Wiki.
1st Annual Music Information Retrieval Evaluation eXchange
The 1st Music Information Retrieval Evaluation eXchange will take place during the 6th ISMIR Conference  in London, UK, September 11-15, 2005. The goal of this contest is to compare state-of-the-art algorithms and systems relevant for Music Information Retrieval. We aim at MIREX to represent the vast and multidisciplinary field of MIR, including symbolic, audio, and other subdisciplines.
- Evaluation topics will be proposed by the participants.
- Evaluation procedures and test collections will be agreed among the participants.
- Partial test data will be made available to the participants for algorithm fine tuning.
- Evaluation of submitted algorithms will be performed by the MIREX organizing committee.
- Results will be presented during a poster and a panel session.
Interested individuals are encouraged to join the MIREX mailing list .
MIREX Submission Format
- MIREX Frameworks FAQ
- MIREX Frameworks Instructions: http://www.music-ir.org/evaluation/m2k/release/README.htm
- M2K 1.1 Alpha download page: http://www.music-ir.org/evaluation/m2k/release/
- Instructions: http://music-ir.org/evaluation/MIREX/submission/instructions.html
- 2005:Audio Artist Identification - Deadline: 3 August 2005
- 2005:Audio Drum Detection - Deadline: Wednesday, 20 July 2005
- 2005:Audio Genre Classification - Deadline: 2 August 2005
- 2005:Audio Melody Extraction - Deadline: Tuesday, 19 July 2005
- 2005:Audio Onset Detection - Deadline: 1 August 2005
- 2005:Audio Tempo Extraction - Deadline: Monday, 18 July 2005
- 2005:Audio and Symbolic Key Finding - Deadline: 1 August 2005
- 2005:Symbolic Genre Classification - Deadline: 1 August 2005
- 2005:Symbolic Melodic Similarity - Deadline: 3 August 2005
Other External Links
- M2K: http://music-ir.org/evaluation/m2k/index.html
- M2K modules webpage: http://music-ir.org/evaluation/m2k/module_listing.html
- M2K Modules Wiki: http://www.music-ir.org/modules
- The Tools We Use: http://music-ir.org/evaluation/tools.html
- IMIRSEL: http://music-ir.org/evaluation/
- Music-IR Bibliography: http://music-ir.org/research_home.html
- Music-IR.org: http://music-ir.org/