2008:MIREX2008 Plenary Topics
From MIREX Wiki
The MIREX 2008 plenary meeting will be held Wednesday, 17 September as a working lunch meeting at 13:30-15:00. This will be followed by the MIREX 2008 Poster Session which will be held 16:00-18:00.
Please post any questions or comments you might like the MIREX community to discuss during the meeting.
It would be nice to have a discussion on potential new MIREX tasks: singing voice segments detection, music structure detection
Also a discussion about the possibility to have a new test set for audio chord detection
Possible changes in QBSH task to make it more real-world compliant (by Roger Jang):
- More noise MIDIs to make the song database size > 10000 ===> Does IMIRSEL has enough computing power?
- Corpous contribution from participants ===> Format? Tools? Guideline for corpus preparation?
- Evaluation criteria that takes care of multiple versions of ground truths (to avoid human selection of noise MIDIs) ===> Top-10 recognition rate?
- Release all corpora after each MIREX
- Timing constraint for each submission ===> 10 seconds for each query?
- Heterogeneous song database ===> MIDI, WAV